January 2010 Archives
Some fun today with the DianaF+ lens and adaptor I got for Christmas. It was a nice break from work, my first in 5 weeks.
I'm not sure how my niece Taylor got to be 16. Her mother would agree with me, and then we would complain about how old that makes us. And maybe then we'd brainstorm some ways to be embarrassing.
Is it too late to do a 2009 recap? I'm pretty sure most people completed their recaps by, like, mid-December or whatever. But I've been busy and work has been demanding and I've been sleeping whenever possible.
And if I had recapped earlier, I would have missed out on the blue moon eclipse and mirage at 10am New Year's Eve, which I shot while freezing my bare legs off in a skirt and borrowed too-large mens' dress shoes standing on the roof of my office building. Totally worth it.
Instead of going over all the wonderful things I did in 2009 that kept me too busy to blog (doggie snorgles, San Francisco, Twitter, coordinating bake sales, taking naps, Twitter, meeting new people, Twitter, getting engaged), and instead of outlining my 2010 resolutions that I haven't made yet, let's talk about the personal goals I lined out for 2009 much like I did for 2008.
- Make some money from my photograph: This I did! And it was great! I should do some more of this!
- Get a photography logo: Well. I'm working on it. And I'm going to blame my brother.
- Another workout routine: I managed to maintain my weight through the entire year despite the absurd amount of baking I did.
- Try cooking a new dish each week: I did this for a few months and documented many of the new dishes on Flickr and the blog. Steve and I ate things we never would have before, and many of them became favorites.
- Upgrade my camera: Goodbye broken Digital Rebel XTi, hellooo sexy 50D.
- Save $300 a month: I set up an auto-transfer to put $360 into my savings account bimonthly. Not that I have $8640 more in my savings account than I did in January 2009.
So yeah, I pretty much kicked some butt. And I am tired.
Hi, I'm Valette
When the CEO put me in charge of the meeting, he probably didn't expect a Pokemon powerpoint but I am always ready 10 hours ago
*adds $50 worth of leggings to cart* Free Shipping On Orders Over $100! *adds $150 worth of pencil skirts to cart* 31 hours ago
My makeup brushes are CLEAN! 49 hours ago
Hey that termination dust on the mountains looks much heavier than a dusting of snow. 98 hours ago
- March 2016
- December 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- View all archives