Mt. Roberts Trail
I spent about a week in Juneau in April for work and the weather was just gorgeous the entire time I was there. It was warm and sunny and made me want to give up my entire life to move there.
Everything except my husband and my dogs and my son and my job and my house... but besides that, I'd give up everything.
One evening I hiked up Mt. Roberts with my camera. The trail was mostly empty of people and I was struck by the tree stumps up the mountain, so I spent two hours photographing them.
It was still very snowy and a bit icy at the top, and at one point I slipped and fell and my brain took about 5 seconds to process the following:
- [bleep] [bleep] [bleep]
- How far away am I really?
- How long would it take someone to find me?
- Who knows I'm out here?
- Do I even have any cell phone service up here?
- Oh wait I'm totally fine.
- [bleep] my phone was in that pocket I just landed on.
- And these are my only pair of jeans to last me the whole week.
- Am I bleeding?