April has been the calm before the burst of summer activity. The sun is out yet the breeze is still chilly, I am anticipating the trees to turn green in a matter of days, and I keep noticing pussy willows all over the city getting bigger.
I want to use the time to slow down and focus. Focus on my emotional needs, focus on my physical needs, focus on my relationships with family and friends.
In the spirit of pretend-accountability internet oversharing, here are some vague things that I want to be better about during the month of May:
- Spend some lunch breaks outside
- Connect with some people I haven't connected with in a while
- Listen to great music while I'm at work, cleaning, processing photos, exercising
- Date my husband
- Play in the dirt and start my garden
- Be more mindful of how I spend my time
Mindfulness is something that I am constantly trying to improve. To not act on impulse, to not waste evenings on Tumblr, to not fall into habits just because they are comfortable.
To watch the natural world turn green and ground myself in the here and now.